T.R.E., the folding knife with three opening systems, patented by lionSTEEL
- Grey Titanium
Availability: 120 days
Available accessories for this product
Features of the T.R.E. knife by lionSTEEL
T.R.E. is the E.D.C. (Every Day Carry) folding knife which offers the maximum flexibility thanks for the three different opening ways, made possible by the patented Three Rapid Exchange system:
- with flipper, for a quick opening
- Thumb Stud, with opening pin on the blade
- basic versione, without additional devices.
Very lightweight and small-sized, it's a perfect pocket instrument, ideal for everyday adventures.
- it features a satin-finished M390 sintered steel blade
- it is provided with frame lock blade locking system, and the exclusive IKBS opening and closing mechanism with allows a smooth and quick action
- frame, clip and spaces are made in 6AI4V titanium, while scales are available either in 6AI4V titanium or in carbon fibre.
Designed by Molletta, T.R.E. is sold in an elegant wooden box, which also contains the opening pin, the flipper and the T6/T8 keys needed to install and remove accessories.
T.R.E. by lionSTEEL, technical specifications
mm. - 6.89 in.
Blade length: 74 mm. - 2.91 in.
Blade thickness: 3.5 mm. - 0.14 in.
Total weight: 82 gr. - 2.89 oz.
Blade steel: M390 sintered steel
Blade finish: Stone washed
Locking system: Frame lock
Frame: Titanium 6AI4V
Handle material: Titanium 6AI4V
Handle colour: Grey
Packaging: Cardboard box
Molletta - Michele Pensato
Michele Pensato - aka "molletta", his nickname in Italian – is a very active designer with years of experience. His previous life as an excursion lover and a passion for archaeology had him spending most of his experiences in the great outdoors, where he soon got to understand how a great knife should really be and what it should be capable of achieving. He led the Nexus production group and the group that was created at the MCKF Forum. A keen student of the steel industry, he stands out for his new approach to the use of materials and experimentation in thermal treatment applications.
An advanced user of design software such as Catià, Solidworks, Inventor, he applies FEA to design and aims to create yet more solid and innovative products.